This recipe of Borlotti Bean Pâté is a quick appetizer to prepare as I use the canned one. Borlotti beans are high in folate which is very important for women planning to conceive plus, the high fiber content on beans helps reducing high cholesterols.
Borlotti Bean Pâté goes really well with warm Pita Bread. While the Pâté is still in the refrigerator, as you will have to chill this for 30 minutes, you can go ahead and prepare your pita bread and bake it for only 5 minutes. Once your Pâté is ready, so is your freshly-baked pita bread. You can use toasted bread as a substitute for pitas if you don’t have an oven. Packs of toasted bread are now available in the supermarkets.
Borlotti Bean Pâté
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 400 grams Organic Borlotti beans precooked and canned, drained
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded spring onions to garnish
- Under running water, rinse the beans and drain well.
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- After mashing, add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, spring onions, and parsley. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with freshly-baked pita bread.
Should you post a photo of your finished product on social media using one of our recipes, please don’t forget to tag us #vilandzoesgalleyrecipe. Thanks!