Broccoli and Cauliflower are two of my favorite veggies. These vegetables contain plenty of nutrients that our body needs, especially Broccoli. Broccoli is a good source of protein, fiber, iron, potassium, selenium, calcium, and magnesium as well as the vitamins A, C, E, K, and B vitamins including folic acid.
This recipe of Broccoli and Cauliflower with cumin and turmeric sauce is simple to prepare and palatable. Cumin is a great help to make this a great dish because it is savory, but don’t go overboard, as it has a distinctive flavor. You may double the amount of cumin and turmeric if you have a big appetite or would like to add more servings, but just don’t forget to add the quantity of broccoli and cauliflower, too.
Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cumin and Turmeric Sauce
- Pot or saucepan
- Wooden turner
- 400 grams cauliflower
- 200 grams broccoli
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 80 grams cheese quick-melting and sliced thinly
- lemon juice optional
- In a pot or saucepan of boiling water with salt, cook the broccoli and cauliflower for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow bake dish after draining well. Set aside.
Cumin and Turmeric Sauce
- Put the butter and olive oil in a pan over low heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the cumin and turmeric. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and arrange the cheese on top.
- Bake until 10 mins. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy.
Should you post a photo of your finished product on social media using one of our recipes, please don’t forget to tag us #vilandzoesgalleyrecipe. Thanks!