Buko Salad is a famous Filipino dessert. It is commonly served on birthdays, Christmas, New Year, and other special occasions.
This Creamy Buko Salad recipe is inspired by my mother, Zoe, who is a big fan since childhood. We have plenty of coconut trees in our hometown which makes this recipe inexpensive. Since I am no longer living with my parents after I got married, we always prepare this recipe on special occasions and ordinary days, too, which makes me remember her dearly.
Buko salad ingredients are mainly shredded buko, fruit cocktail, milk, and all-purpose cream. Kaong, Nata de Coco, cheddar cheese, roasted nuts are just optional. You can also mix fresh fruits. Go ahead and try this recipe. This will surely make your day extra special even without an occasion.
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 7 cups shredded buko young
- 507 grams fruit cocktail drained
- 168 mL condensed milk
- 500 mL all-purpose cream
- 340 grams kaong drained
- 340 grams nata de coco drained
- 1/8 cups chedar cheese cubed into small pieces (optional)
- 1/8 cups grapes (optional)
- Combine shredded buko, fruit cocktail, Kaong, Nata de Coco, and cheese into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and all-purpose cream. Mix well.
- Transfer the salad into a container with a lid. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
Should you post a photo of your finished product on social media using one of our recipes, please don’t forget to tag us #vilandzoesgalleyrecipe. Thanks!